Sunday, February 20, 2011

Meet Garland Bowen

I am thrilled with how God is calling folks to our Mission:Kenya team. I am grateful for what the Lord has done to produce rich spiritual maturity of our team members.

Garland Bowen's testimony has some humor to it. God always has something  for the OTHER person to do! 

After retiring from the world of being a machinist for Special Metals, Garland has  more free time to be available for the Lord's work. He and Marilyn have been married 34 years. He is a father of two adult daughters, and granddad to 7 grandchildren. 

MY CALL TO KENYA

When I first heard abut the mission trip to Into Abbas Arms Orphanage, in Kenya, I suggested to my wife that this might be something she would be interested in. I attended the first informational meeting to obtain information for my wife, Marilyn, because she was unable to attend.  At this meeting I became aware that God was speaking to ME about becoming part of this group.

No matter what obstacle I felt would prevent me from going, God has made a way around that obstacle.

God  has set my heart steadfast toward Kenya, not because of my abilities or worthiness, but because He chose me and because of my willingness to allow God to work through me in any way He determines. It is because of His Amazing Grace that He has accepted me and chosen me to serve Him in this ministry.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!  
      
 Please pray for the financial support of each of our teammates. Jehovah-jireh, God is our provider!


No comments:

Post a Comment