Monday, February 7, 2011

A Word from Dave


Beth asked me to share with you how God gave me the call to go to Into Abba’s Arms Orphanage in Kenya this year.  I would sum it up with one word: PRAYER
From 2006 to October of 2010, God had convinced me that the best way I could help orphans and widows overseas would be to send His money to other nations.  This would be the most economical and effective way to fulfill James 1:27 in other countries– “The religion that God our Father accepts as pure and holy is this, to watch after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”
Beth has been praying about a return trip to Kenya since her 2007 trip she took with Kemble.  In October of 2010 God spoke to my heart one day as I was praying and I knew without a doubt that God had give me the assignment to make the 2011 August trip. 
God mainly convinced me that to develop a personal relationship with these folks would give one additional way to help them know and walk with Jesus.  Also, we sponsor a 13 year old named Simon at Into Abba's Arms, who has been praying for over 3 years that I would come and visit him.  With these confirmations, I am looking forward to continue serving the Lord during our preparation time as well as our time at the Into Abba’s Arms orphanage. 
As you think of us, please pray that we will “be on board” with God’s plans for our trip.  Thanks so much.

Additional thoughts from Beth: Overseas Missionary Fellowship has some great pamphlets on how to pray. One in particular is entitiled, "Why and How to Pray for Missionaries" written by Dr. Will Bruce. An opening statement caught my attention. "THE MISSIONARY IS INVADING ENEMY TERRITORY." That woke me up to the reality of why some of our team mates are having particular challenges! Would you pray a "hedge of protection" around each of our team members? (Job 1:10) How about praying for the Lord's armor to be applied to each of them? (Ephesians 6:10-20)

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you and the others. Great picture also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying with you! How special for Simon to finally get to see you Dave! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete