Saturday, March 5, 2011

Delayed Dreams Now in View

To me it is so interesting to follow the special working of God in someone's life. Meet Mission:Kenya team member Jean Howison. God's perfect timing is just that.

Jean’s Journey to Kenya, Part 1

I grew up in a home where Jesus Christ was honored.   I accepted Him into my heart and life when I was 7 years old at a vacation Bible school at our church.  When I was fourteen, a missionary, who was on furlough from what was then the Belgian Congo,  spoke at a missions conference I was attending with my family.  He spoke about his work and about the culture of the town in which he was working.  At the end of the conference that night, I felt the nudging of the Holy Spirit.  Right then, I prayed in my heart, “Heavenly Father, if you ever want me to go to Africa to be a missionary, I will go.” When I heard about the missions trip to Kenya, there was no question in my mind that this was, at last, God’s call to use me for His purpose, in Africa.    To make a long story short, 47 years later, here I go!  
ANSWERED PRAYER AND A REQUEST: This time last week I was a mess. I confess I was not wholely trusting the Lord to be Jehovah-jireh. We had received word from our travel agent the cost of plane tickets. I about lost my cookies. So I asked our team to pray as well as anyone else I met who was breathing. Sunday afternoon the Lord nudged me to realize we could fly out of Cincinnati and somehow end up in Niarobi. I emailed those thoughts to our travel agent, and before the afternoon was over she had us set up for flights costing only $150 more than what I paid in 2007.
Please pray for our concert Sunday evening to provide enough money so we can buy the tickets on Tuesday! I originally told our team we would need to have all the money in by June 30th, but with rising fuel costs we must buy them now!

No comments:

Post a Comment