Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pieces of the Puzzle

Do you like to put together puzzles? As long as the puzzle is relatively easy I enjoy the challenge of matching colors, assembling pieces, and hopefully turning all those little jagged pieces of cardboard into what matches the box top picture.

With a normal puzzle the picture on the box top provides a clear goal of what you are expecting to match with the pile of pieces. I mentally subdivide the puzzle into portions I think I can conquer with ease and then go after those colors, putting them together the best I can. I always hope some friend will come along and attempt the harder portions I prefer to ignore.

There are many portions to the puzzle of a mission trip. With Mission:Kenya I have in my heart and mind what I understand God wants us to accomplish. I am fairly certain the general format most of those portions should take.

Fundraising is one of those portions that I cannot do. It is one that only God can do. We saw that happen this week. The payment for our plane tickets was due on Wednesday, March 9th. We had accomplished several fundraisers and have a few more planned, but the money for airfares was due three months earlier than what was projected to beat the cost of rising gas prices. We prayed. I still fretted as I examined some folk's accounts. More prayer. 

But God put the puzzle together. He made sure certain checks were in the mail "just in time". He also worked with the IRS so that a particular tax return arrived at the perfect time. The generosity of the Praise & Worship Concert was a huge asset. Money which had been tucked away for this point was put into place. So today all the airfares were purchased.
Praise His Name!
Into Abba's Arms here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment